cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio issue on Desktop Client

Pesi
Listener

I am using Zoom desktop client on one PC and sending the feed (audio and video) to another second PC which is streaming the feed t (using vMix) out to a live webcast. To do this I have to use the VB Cable Output as the Zoom microphone and VB Cable input for the Zoom speaker. As a result I cannot hear my own voice in the Zoom Desktop Client nor can I hear the guests' audio. How can I configure it to send the audio out as I do, and still be able to hear guests and speak to them as well?

3 REPLIES 3

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @Pesi 
I cannot directly answer your question as I do not understand what the situation is from the text alone, but I will advise you.
If you draw out the audio pathway on a diagram, you may find the cause of the problem.

Hi Ohkawa I'm attaching this diagram of the Zoom Audio setup (please ignore video for now).

Since the Zoom mic and speaker settings are used up by VB Cable to send audio to the vMix laptop, how do I also get audio to my headphones to hear what my guests are saying?

Ohkawa

Hi, @Pesi 

Thank you for attaching the diagram.

Only one microphone or speaker can be selected for Zoom.
In this diagram, the VB cable is set to the Zoom's microphone, so the Zoom will use the audio from the Streaming Laptop, so the microphone and speaker on the headphone is not connected to the Zoom.
If you have a paid Zoom plan, how about using ZOOM's streaming feature?

Livestreaming meetings or webinars on Facebook – Zoom Support

Livestreaming meetings or webinars on YouTube – Zoom Support