cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio is distorted during Zoom Meeting

FPST_IT_Dept
Listener

I work for a Native American Tribe and we have an issue with using Zoom during our Tribal Council Meetings where the sound is distorted.   We have a computer that is running Zoom and a program called Notewise (to record the Audio for minutes) and they are both using the same Audio source (a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 connected via USB) .  If we run one or the other seperately, the audio is fine.  The issue only seems to occur when we run both at the same time (and we need to do so).

I am not sure where to look as I am not an audio/video expert.  I have tried several things to try and resolve this but have not had any luck.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Update - 5/30/23 - I am still hoping to get some advice for this.  Please if you have any ideas, let me know.

5 REPLIES 5

FPST_IT_Dept
Listener

Bump

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Both softwares and the 18i20 need to be set to the same clock speed of 48Khz. The audio source  should NOT be exclusively controlled by either software. Since you have not stated specifics about the computer, OS, and audio settings it may work better if we have a more detailed discussion directly. As an audio engineer and Zoom expert I am sure that a suitable solution can be found. Also, note that Zoom can produce a separate audio recording for you if you just need an audio record (avoiding the use of a second program that may have conflicts). Zoom can also produce a fairly accurate transcript of the meeting depending on language and speech quality from each speaker.

JorgeNiko
Listener

@FPST_IT_Dept wrote:

I work for a Native American Tribe and we have an issue with using Zoom during our Tribal Council Meetings where the sound is distorted.   We have a computer that is running Zoom and a program called Notewise (to record the Audio for minutes) and they are both using the same Audio source (a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 mobile cric connected via USB) .  If we run one or the other seperately, the audio is fine.  The issue only seems to occur when we run both at the same time (and we need to do so).

I am not sure where to look as I am not an audio/video expert.  I have tried several things to try and resolve this but have not had any luck.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Update - 5/30/23 - I am still hoping to get some advice for this.  Please if you have any ideas, let me know.

As someone without expertise in audio/video matters, I have attempted various troubleshooting steps but have not achieved any successful resolution. I am seeking advice or suggestions from anyone who may have experience with similar issues. Our goal is to find a solution that allows us to use both Zoom and Notewise simultaneously without experiencing distorted sound. Regards

Nisha1
Listener

I Suggest you to use any other Recording software instead of using Notewise. If not then you can purchase the zoom premium because it allows the users to record both audio and video files

k-8
Listener

The issue manifests as crackling sounds, echoes, or intermittent disruptions, impacting the overall audio quality and communication experience. This problem seems to be occurring across various devices and operating systems. Potential causes include network instability, device-specific compatibility issues, or conflicts with other applications running concurrently. Zoom support is actively investigating the matter, and users are encouraged to check for software updates, ensure stable internet connections, and adjust audio settings as a preliminary troubleshooting step.