cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio cutting out when we put microphone near piano to listen

CMG
Listener

During our Zoom church service, we switch to a mic on the piano in order to hear the music being played.  The first few notes are heard and then the audio cuts out.  When talking directly into the mic, the words can be heard on Zoom.  We have tried several mics with the same results.

We think we have adjusted the setting related to the level of background noise to allow the most noise, but it still cuts out.  Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

I would recommend enabling Original Sound, which will disable all noise cancellation that Zoom performs. That typically works for any musicians that have their instrument removed from the meeting audio. 

jsallen
Listener

Apparently there is a bug in Windows 11 that makes Zoom unusable for music. My singing teacher had the same problem on her new laptop: her talking and singing came through OK but when she hit a note on her piano, all I heard was a short thunk. If she played a scale or arpeggio,  following notes were totally silenced. No combination of settings for original sound, high-fidelity music mode, signal processing by Windows drivers and echo-cancellation resolved this problem. My teacher reverted to her old computer running Windows 10 and it works fine.

jsallen
Listener

My singing teacher took her computer to best Buy. Geek Squad reinstalled Windows 11. That did not solve the problem.