cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Issues on all devices when I speak, unmuted, system shows audio but no one hears me.

ElleEmmanuel
Listener

My audio is not heard by participants, even when audio is unmuted . I have played with settngs and the system thinks I have audio, but it is still not working on Zoom. I thought it was my sound card at work, but it is also a problem on my laptop. This has gone on for a couple of months and I have downloaded updates to try to resolve, but nothing worked. HELP!

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @ElleEmmanuel, audio issues can be a few things.

Sometimes, the issue is with your sound driver itself. You can try updating to our latest version of Zoom and the available update for Windows or Mac

Check your input on external hardware when selecting a microphone in meetings or in the Zoom meeting client settings.

If the Zoom app doesn’t have permission to use your microphone in Windows, it will not work. So, you need to check and grant access to windows privacy settings.

We offer advanced audio settings within the Zoom meeting client, unchecking the “Show in-meeting option to enable original sound” which results in high CPU utilization and bandwidth usage. 

If all else fails, uninstall/reinstall (mac) or go to our article to clean.exe Zoom here (Windows Only) https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362163 (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/article_attachments/360084068792/CleanZoom.zip). This will be located at the bottom of the article. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @ElleEmmanuel, did any of my suggestions for your Audio issues help? If so great! Just don't forget to mark my reply as the solution. Thanks! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!