cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Interface Recommendation for User Experience for live Music

MotionMT
Listener

I'm a certified music therapist that currently facilities 2-3 hours of virtual 1:1 and group sessions weekly, and am looking for recommendations on audio interfaces for Zoom that will give the individuals I work with virtually the best audio experience on the "other side" of the screen. Further, I'm looking at having a couple of different mics set-up (SM58 for speaking/singing; and SM57 for my guitar and Cello) so I can simultaneously capture the best audio quality for both my voice and instruments to eliminate any static, delay, feedback, etc.

Any insight from musicians, music therapists, or folks with any experience in this topic would be greatly appreciated! To-date, I've only worked with Focusrite Scarlett brand. 

6 REPLIES 6

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

I used to use the Scarlett 2i2 for quite some time. I've switched to the Sound Devices MixPre-3 II a couple of years ago, and love these units. I've also added their "Noise Assist" plug-in which is phenomenal.

To gather several other thoughts and professional opinions, check-out Office Hours. They answer questions like this every morning from 7am-8am pacific. Their panel is rich in audio, video, film making, live streaming, and more.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

lindaaudette
Listener

did you find something that works I want to do Sound Baths online and having the same issues

Unfortunately not at this time... But will be sure to let you know on here if I do. Thanks!

dbshin
Listener

Had great success with the Scarlett 2i2 paired with two Rode NT5 mics (remote teaching piano), and wired headphones connected to the computer (you can also use the monitor jack on your Scarlett; make sure you also use audio out to Scarlett on Zoom).  No issues with static and feedback.  Worked great from 2020 to early 2023 until a software update rendered it useless on an older Mac running Catalina.  If you're running an up-to-date computer you may not have any issues.  

RaidenKoa
Listener

@MotionMT wrote:

I'm a certified music therapist that currently facilities 2-3 hours of virtual 1:1 and group sessions weekly, and am looking for recommendations on audio interfaces for Zoom that will give the individuals I work with virtually the best audio experience on the "other side" of the screen. Further, I'm looking at having a couple of different mics set-up (SM58 for speaking/singing; and SM57 for my guitar and Cello) so I can simultaneously capture the best plumbing estimating services audio quality for both my voice and instruments to eliminate any static, delay, feedback, etc.

Any insight from musicians, music therapists, or folks with any experience in this topic would be greatly appreciated! To-date, I've only worked with Focusrite Scarlett brand. 

I'm a dedicated music teacher offering virtual music lessons to my students. I've been experiencing some audio quality issues during my online sessions. While I use a Focusrite Scarlett audio interface and Shure SM58 microphone for my voice, and a Shure SM57 for my guitar, some of my students have reported hearing occasional static and feedback, which is affecting their overall learning experience. I want to ensure that my students receive the best audio quality on their end and eliminate any disruptions during our lessons. 

Check out cleanfeed (cleanfeed.com); it offers possibly the best audio quality but you may be limited with their free account. You can use video from zoom and audio through cleanfeed, but depending on your connection, you may have slightly unsynchronized audio and video.