cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Echo

Tricia48
Listener

I was on a zoom class for the first time the other night and i was hearing an echo from my professor so bad that i could not understand her.  I googled and it gave me things to resolve it, none of which applied.  I was not using 2 devices, no one else was having the issue but me.  I saw to go to the audio settings so i clicked next to the mute button and selected something, which i believe was "leave computer audio" and the echo stopped.  However my "mute/unmute" button then changed to "join audio".  That was fine till i needed to respond in class and i had to click that and then unmute myself and the echo returned when i tried to answer the questions to the class.  I really need to know how to fix this issue.  Like i said the echo stopped when i selected "leave computer audio" however i am still having issues when i unmute and try to participate by speaking during the class.  My next class in next Thursday and i really need to know how to fix this by then.  Any help is appreciated!!

6 REPLIES 6

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

I would first suggest using headphones or earbuds while joining this Zoom meeting. If it still echos then I would double-check your audio settings to confirm that echo cancellation is enabled. Also, confirm that Original Sound is disabled. If it still echos then I might guess that you have some internal audio routing enabled with VoiceMeeter (Windows) or Loopback (Mac)... which is too deep of a topic for this forum.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

I'm using iMac Monterey12.6 with internal speakers and my husband has a PC with external speakers..  When we join a Zoom meeting each using our own computer we get an echo feedback.

ZoomTestKitchen

If you're in the same room while in the Zoom meeting there's a very good chance that his speakers are feeding into your microphone, and your speakers feeding into his microphone.

1. Use headphones or earbuds
  2. Or, you can both actively manage your mute status.

@ZoomTestKitchen

Thank you.If we use earbuds  won’t the other people in other places still get the echo?

Rev310
Listener

Not sure if its apropos here, but I'm using Zoom to Youtube Livestream, and I get my own echo in my headset, but the audience can't hear it. How do I fix this?

ZoomTestKitchen

I might guess that you're using OBS, vMix, or an external audio interface like a Scarlet and this device is providing monitoring to your headphones, but you're also monitoring the Zoom meeting. Since what you're hearing is echoing, it has a delay, I would recommend turning-off the monitoring and only monitor the Zoom meeting. The Zoom software does not play your own voice into your headphones.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

@ZoomTestKitchen