cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attendees both on-line and with me

jarthurford
Listener

At times for our church services, I will have some folks in the same physical  room as I am, and others who aren't able to make it, say due to bad weather. Can I screen share my PowerPoint presentation (including sound) both to a TV (connected to my computer wirelessly) and to those who are on-linie?

1 REPLY 1

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @jarthurford thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! Yes this should be possible, depending on how you are wirelessly connecting to the TV. I am not sure if you will be able to "extend" your computer where the TV acts as a second monitor, or if the TV will basically be mirroring whatever is on your main laptop screen. But either way, you should be able to make this work. What I'm not sure about is the sound piece, again not knowing what wireless sharing system you are using but if video and sound are supported, you should be able to hear from the monitor. 

You may try first to establish that the TV can show your Zoom client and also allow you to have sound on the TV. Try playing a Youtube video to make sure it shows up on the TV and you can also hear sound through the TV. If that works, go into Zoom and see if you can see and hear people in the meeting (through the TV). 

From a sound perspective you may need to go into the Zoom client, click the up arrow next to the microphone symbol in the lower left corner

jeremyjustin_0-1642805518565.png

and when you click the up arrow it will allow you to change your speaker setting. I have seen before where you also need to set your sound output through the sound settings of your computer to make sure it's using the wireless sharing method. 

The microphone will still most likely be working through your computer so just keep that in mind when positioning your laptop, try to have it facing the people in the room. You will also be using the camera in your laptop so this will be another reason to face your laptop towards the audience in the room. 

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!