cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign participant to a breakout room.

samz
Listener

I can't assign more than one participant to each breakout room. Any advice please?

3 REPLIES 3

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @samz thank you for your question here on the Zoom Community! Perhaps you have seen this support article but just in case you haven't, it's a great resource https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206476313-Managing-Breakout-Rooms

This article talks about pre-assigning people into Breakout Rooms (for scheduled meetings) and also how to dynamically assign people to BO Rooms when in the meeting. 

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

Hi, and thanks for the info that you sent. It helped me to realise that when assigning to BO rooms each room must be filled before assigning to a new room. Appreciated

I would like to ask another question please. My zoom account never shows me "spotlight for all" in the participants sub menu. I am only ever offered "add spotlight", and therefore both me and the participant are displayed side by side. Do you have a solution for this problem please?

Thank you for the help

Samz 

jeremyjustin

Hi Samz! It sounds like you are spotlighting yourself first, in which case you will see the "Spotlight for everyone" choice...but if you want to spotlight others to basically add them to also be spotlighted, when you add more people you will not see "Spotlight for All." It will just say "Add Spotlight." This support article gives some nice screenshots that should help https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362653-Spotlighting-participants-videos

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!