cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aspect ratio not working

GustafK
Listener

Hi!
It is impossible for me to get the aspect ratio of my webcam right. The image always looks compressed from the sides, so to speak. No matter with setting I choose, it looks compressed. Tried changing setting of camera - not working. Tried ticking all the different boxes in Zoom. Nothing works. When I tick the "Original ratio"-box, I get black stripes on either side of the picture. When I untick it, the stripes go away, but then the picture is only zoomed in - not normal, so it still looks compressed. Ticking or unticking "HD" makes no difference. 

Hope someone will be able to help me! 😃 

2 REPLIES 2

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @GustafK and welcome to the Zoom Community! I'm so sorry you haven't received a reply yet to your question. Are you continuing to experience issue with the aspect ratio in your meetings? If so, can you please let me know which webcam model you're using?

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

mlpart
Listener

Hi,

I'm having the same issue.  It's not my video, it's the display windows of each of the participants that is squished.  I can only see a person properly when they are speaking, otherwise, the other thumbnails are squished on the sides.  I've tried every setting as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the software.  Nothing has worked.  Please help.