cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aspect ratio and view area of camera image from Android app

ManabuNakamura
Listener

Hi all, 

I'm trying to use conference cam (e.g. Meeting owl) with my Android tablet. 

However, video from my side is cropped and both side area are dropped. The image of self-view on my side is same as image of remote side.  So, I think that the image is cropped by Android app.

Like this. This is example of Meeting owl. But same phenomenon happens with MeetUp.

ManabuNakamura_1-1669797245549.png

Why both side area are dropped? 

Is there any way to change the settings or otherwise see the whole picture?

Although I changed aspect ratio config on app settings, there could not make any changes.

ManabuNakamura_3-1669798652702.png

I found following article. As it is written in two years ago, it says that Android app only allow 4:3 aspect ratio.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Zoom/comments/gdd5u1/zoom_android_app_doesnt_allow_169_aspect_ratio/

Is this limitation still on-going?

Regards, 

Manabu

4 REPLIES 4

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer

@ManabuNakamura さん

私が、PCでミーティングオウルを試用した時には、zoomアプリのカメラ設定でHDをオンにすると、カメラの画角が広がって左右が切れずに表示することができました。もし、Androidタブレット用Zoomアプリに設定があれば試してみると良いと思います。

@Ohkawa さん、

コメントありがとうございました。

Android用Zoomアプリ(バージョン 5.12.9.10320)の設定を確認しましたが、カメラ設定/HDの設定はありませんでした。

設定の中にSettings - Meetings - Video - Aspect ratioがあり、選択肢として「Original ratio(default)」と「Scale to fit」がありましたが、どちらを選択しても、両サイドが切れている状態は変わりませんでした。(Scale to fitにすると、両側も切れ、更に上下も切れて16:9のような表示になりましたが、切れていることには変わらず、求めている結果ではありませんでした。)

In English, 

Thank you for your reply.

There was no HD setting in the Zoom app for Android (version 5.12.9.10320)

In the settings, "Settings - Meetings - Video - Aspect ratio" had "Original ratio (default)" and "Scale to fit" as options, but no matter which option was selected, the cut-off state on both sides remained the same. (When "Scale to fit" was selected, both sides were cut off, and the top and bottom were also cut off, resulting in a 16:9-like display, but the fact that the image was cut off did not change, and this was not the result we were looking for.)

Regards, 

Manabu

Ohkawa

@ManabuNakamura さん

そうなんですね。

お役に立てず残念です。

Zoomサポートにリクエストを出すと良いと思います。

リクエストを送信 – Zoom サポート

LAR1973
Listener

Aspect ratio problems also with external camera into Apple laptop…… waiting for reply on my post!!