cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aspect Ratio changed in recording

LAR1973
Listener

Simple if in a zoom meeting and recording the recording is fine. But if you share a screen it changes to a portrait frame and a horizontal picture/video, regardless if the share is either way. Changed ratio aspect to original aspect, and not scale to fit. 
Is there more ratio aspect settings in the shared section ? It also happens when co-host share, on there phones probably because they are portrait. Or when we share music so partisans can hear it better. 
How can we share and ensure the recording ratio aspect doesn’t change?

Note the actual livestream aspect ratio does not change, all looks good from the live screen. Hence why it is confusing when it changes in the recording. 

Please fix this if you can Zoom, looks like a few people have this issue and have to use work around sir not use the option. Sad if your options are not useable. 

6 REPLIES 6

mblr
Listener

I also have noticed this recently and was looking for support. I've been recording and posting lecture sessions for students since October and noticed in the recent week+ that the aspect radio of the recordings has changed. I'm not opposed to change, but please have the older option back as well? The time it takes me to edit a video has now jumped due to having to make these edits. 

LAR1973
Listener

I also wanted to add we use a external camera not the laptop camera. Could this be a reason, and if so how can we stop it from happening? Please assist with this zoom! 

youngminyou
Listener

I have the same exact issue. Really frustrating that it automatically changed our aspect ratio - all of our video recordings are being ruined now.

LAR1973
Listener

Is there anyone out there that knows if there is a solution other than going back to laptop camera. Zoom tech people?

BrentClanton
Listener

Hey, Zoom Tech Support--what's the deal? Our 1920 X 1080 recordings have inexplicably changed to a wonky 2496 x 1664 aspect ratio, and that has totally screwed our post-event presentations (we post an edited recording to YouTube). The resulting recordings are oddly-sized, and do not match the more professional "look" of previous recordings. What has changed (we got NO notification), and hwo can we fix this, please?

BCSARAScott
Listener

I too have submitted trouble tickets and they keep trying to get me to fiddle with the settings -- it's not a settings thing, it's a real problem.  The system even knows it's wrong -- the filename of my latest has 1760x900 in the filename.  It doesn't match their own documentation here:  Resolution of recorded video - Zoom Support

Please keep putting in trouble tickets and hopefully, maybe, we can get it fixed.