cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As host, when I start screen share, I am kicked out of my meeting

dbjork
Listener

I host more than 100+ meetings and webinars a year and have only recently started to have this problem.

When I launch screen share, Zoom locks up and I'm kicked out of the meeting. The other participants are still able to stay in the meeting. Before every meeting, I reboot my computer to clear memory. Sometimes I can fix this screen share issue by restarting my computer and not turning on video. I have also unplugged and replugged by microphone (Blue Yeti) and webcam (Logitech Brio). I have also uninstalled and reinstalled Zoom.

Although these steps "fixed" the problem a few weeks ago, it occurred again today when I had to restart twice and stay off of my webcam.

Frustrating and a horrible way to start a paid client event.

I'm running a Windows 11 gaming laptop with a 1TB SDD.

Any and all insights are appreciated. TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dbjork
Listener

Thanks, James. I have updated the Zoom app.

I think I've tracked down the issue to how I was logged into my primary presentation computer and my secondary laptop, which I use to display the audience view. I think this is a Windows 11 issue, so I'll change how I login to the second laptop. Everything ran flawlessly today when I did not use my other laptop for a participant login.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Jameswalter
Participant

Zoom may quit unexpectedly when someone shares screen mainly due to the following reported factors: Outdated Zoom App: If the Zoom app is outdated, it may become incompatible with other OS components like the graphics driver and thus cause the screen sharing issue.

dbjork
Listener

Thanks, James. I have updated the Zoom app.

I think I've tracked down the issue to how I was logged into my primary presentation computer and my secondary laptop, which I use to display the audience view. I think this is a Windows 11 issue, so I'll change how I login to the second laptop. Everything ran flawlessly today when I did not use my other laptop for a participant login.

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

You can be signed in to Zoom on one computer, one tablet, and one phone at a time. If you sign into an additional device while logged into another device of the same type, you will be logged out automatically on the first device.

dbjork
Listener

Thanks, Frank. Although these were different Zoom accounts, I agree that the login for Zoom and my laptop created conflicts. I'm exploring alternatives so I have a larger audience view than what I can see from the meetings toolbar.

Zelzin
Listener

I have the same problem for 6 moths, I am going to use this examples and check its work