cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are recordings public?

clhedin
Listener

I just got informed by someone who joined my meeting that they were shown a message by zoom warning that the meeting was being recorded (which it was) and would be public (which I didn't know and don't want).

How do I change that?

1 REPLY 1

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Recordings are only public if you share them. You can do this manually or automate it, but it takes a willful act by the host.

Please read the following Zoom support document that describes how recording notifications function. Some of this depends on the type of licence you have.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360000486746-Modifying-recording-notification-prompts 

Recording notifications - Zoom clients

You can modify the Recording notifications - Zoom clients setting for your meeting participants joining on Zoom clients. Zoom clients include the Zoom desktop client, mobile app, web client, Zoom Rooms, and VDI.

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation panel, click Settings.
  3. Click the Recording tab.
  4. Scroll down to Recording notifications - Zoom clients.
    Note: If the option says Locked by admin, it has been locked at either the account or group level. You need to contact your Zoom admin. 
  5. Under Show a disclaimer to participants when a recording starts, choose either All participants or Guest only.
  6. Under Play voice prompt for, choose if you want All participants, Guest only, or No One to hear the audio recording notification.
  7. (Optional) Select the check box next to Ask host to confirm before starting a recording to enable and customize a disclaimer for the host when starting a recording.
  8. Click Save.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!