cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are my personal meeting settings applied to meetings scheduled on behalf of others?

Rippleworks
Listener

I have two questions pertaining to My Settings in Zoom. If I have already scheduled meetings and modify My Settings (specifically enabling a waiting room for my meetings) will already scheduled meetings have the waiting room enabled? Additionally, will this setting apply to meetings I schedule on behalf of others?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Rippleworks 

If you change settings on the Settings page, that will be the new default when scheduling new meetings, but has no effect on already scheduled meetings. To change the behavior of an already scheduled meeting, you need to edit that meeting itself and change the settings there.

As for scheduling privilege, it should choose the meeting defaults for the user you are scheduling for. If you are scheduling for yourself, it should use your defaults, while choosing to schedule for someone else should schedule with their defaults. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Bort

Hi @Rippleworks 

If you change settings on the Settings page, that will be the new default when scheduling new meetings, but has no effect on already scheduled meetings. To change the behavior of an already scheduled meeting, you need to edit that meeting itself and change the settings there.

As for scheduling privilege, it should choose the meeting defaults for the user you are scheduling for. If you are scheduling for yourself, it should use your defaults, while choosing to schedule for someone else should schedule with their defaults. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.