cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are meeting invite links set up in a non PRO account, still valid when the Zoom account is upgraded?

FTM
Listener

We are holding a virtual event and sending out meeting invites on email. We are getting an upgraded account, which allows us to have up to 1,000 attendees.

I'm not sure as to whether any meeting links we set up pre-upgrade (on a non PRO Zoom licence), will be affected by the upgrade?  We won’t be able to make any amends to the links once they’re set up and comms have gone out.

I'm also not sure whether there is anything you can do on a PRO licence, that you can’t do with a non PRO licence? I know that not being cut off after 45 mins is one benefit. But wasn’t sure if there was anything else that the non PRO/not upgraded account wouldn’t have access to, and therefore could cause issues with the meeting links at a later date?

Essentially, I want to ensure that if we set meeting links up in a non PRO Zoom account, that when the account is upgraded, then that automatically gets added to the existing Zoom account, and any existing meeting links are also upgraded automatically? So we wouldn’t need to do anything else with the event links to upgrade them?

And would it be better to set this up as a webinar, rather than a "meeting"?

Any advice gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @FTM , 

There should be no problem for a meeting you've already scheduled and sent out links for after you upgrade your account. Just be sure that the licenses (Pro license and Large meeting add-on) are assigned to the host of that meeting before you start the meeting. 

In general, Zoom checks the license of the meeting host when the meeting is started, not when it's scheduled. Thus, if it was scheduled as a Basic account, but started as a Pro account, Zoom will allow access to all Pro features. Same thing for the add-on. If you start the meeting as a standard Pro user, you can have up to 100 participants, but if you start the meeting with a Large meeting add-on assigned to you, your attendance capacity will go up to the max associated with that add-on. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Bort

Hi @FTM , 

There should be no problem for a meeting you've already scheduled and sent out links for after you upgrade your account. Just be sure that the licenses (Pro license and Large meeting add-on) are assigned to the host of that meeting before you start the meeting. 

In general, Zoom checks the license of the meeting host when the meeting is started, not when it's scheduled. Thus, if it was scheduled as a Basic account, but started as a Pro account, Zoom will allow access to all Pro features. Same thing for the add-on. If you start the meeting as a standard Pro user, you can have up to 100 participants, but if you start the meeting with a Large meeting add-on assigned to you, your attendance capacity will go up to the max associated with that add-on. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Hello Bort, I just upgraded from Basic to Pro, but when I went to schedule my first meeting it still had the 30 minute time limit from Basic.  How do I correct this?

Bort

Make sure you sign out and back in on the device showing that message. It is likely that it has not yet synced your new account status since the upgrade, and a fresh login will force that sync. 

Many thanks.  I am all set now.

Hi, I'm having this problem too. i logged out adn back in multiple times still nothing. The payment went through on my card but nothing on my account is showing that i upgraded.

I have a user with a Zoom Meeting  Pro license and I want to upgrade it to Zoom Webinar so they can invite observers.  Will existing meetings need to be recreated to enable this feature?

Hi, I just upgraded to a Pro account and have a recurring meeting that was set-up using a Basic account. Your response to FTM makes it sound like I can keep the link I set up under my basic account and when I start the next and subsequent calls it will pick me up as a Pro account and not limit my time to 40 minutes. Am I understanding this correctly? I'd like to avoid amending the meeting invite!!!

Hi Bort,

We have 2 Pro licenses. We created a link for the meeting with external partners on April 16th, and this link was sent to them. Meanwhile, our organization is planning to upgrade the license to an Enterprise license next week, specifically on April 14thCan we continue using the same link, or do we need to create a new link in this case? Thanks

manjunath01bhat
Listener

i have free account now, wants to upgrade one pro with annual plan of 4399