cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approve participants during meeting

JorgeAT2023
Listener

Can participants be approved during a meeting?

SINCE days ago I had a meeting and I was the host, the fact is that just started the meeting, more people continued to register for the event and I could not access the option to approve since I had configured manual instead of automatic, because there was a cost and people we didn't know.
Is there any way to continue approving manually so that they receive the respective confirmation link and so they can access the meeting?

I would really appreciate any solution on this

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

chrismenard7
Community Champion | Customer

Yes, just open the registration window for approval. The way manual approval works is participants can still register on the event date and once the meeting starts, as long as it is before the projected end time of the meeting. 

Basically, you started the meeting, and after starting, people were registering. You would need to approve their registration. I suggest stopping registration after the meeting started. You have a lot to manage once the meeting starts. There is a setting to not allow registration once the meeting starts.

If this answers your question, please mark as accepted. Thank you. 

View solution in original post

anissat

If you're asking if there's a way to continue approving new registrants from inside the Zoom meeting session (desktop app, browser, etc.) while you're hosting, the answer is no - there is no feature/menu control to do so. You (or better yet, an assistant/co-host) could have the meeting's setup information in a browser to manually check for new registrations. 

(*Personally, just curious: if you're taking registrations, why not use the automatic approvals? (You could even switch from manual to automatic minutes before you start your session.) If you're trying to restrict privacy, you can limit who receives the registration link. If you want to make the event public but want to close registrations well in advance of the event, you can publicize using services like Zoom Events or Eventbrite.)

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!
Anissa • Zoomologist • @anissat

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

chrismenard7

Yes, just open the registration window for approval. The way manual approval works is participants can still register on the event date and once the meeting starts, as long as it is before the projected end time of the meeting. 

Basically, you started the meeting, and after starting, people were registering. You would need to approve their registration. I suggest stopping registration after the meeting started. You have a lot to manage once the meeting starts. There is a setting to not allow registration once the meeting starts.

If this answers your question, please mark as accepted. Thank you. 

anissat

If you're asking if there's a way to continue approving new registrants from inside the Zoom meeting session (desktop app, browser, etc.) while you're hosting, the answer is no - there is no feature/menu control to do so. You (or better yet, an assistant/co-host) could have the meeting's setup information in a browser to manually check for new registrations. 

(*Personally, just curious: if you're taking registrations, why not use the automatic approvals? (You could even switch from manual to automatic minutes before you start your session.) If you're trying to restrict privacy, you can limit who receives the registration link. If you want to make the event public but want to close registrations well in advance of the event, you can publicize using services like Zoom Events or Eventbrite.)

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!
Anissa • Zoomologist • @anissat