cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying an existing meeting template after a meeting is scheduled

kayhil
Listener

When someone sets up a meeting using my Calendly app, it automatically creates a Zoom meeting.  However, I have existing meeting templates that I would like to apply to those meetings, and after the meeting is created, there does not seem to be a way to use "edit" mode to apply a meeting template.  Can this be fixed so that you can retroactively apply the template after scheduling the meeting?   My templates have poll questions in them that it's a pain to recreate, so applying the template is a huge timesaver.   I don't want to have to create a new meeting, because then I'd have to send a new invitation/link to the person who scheduled the meeting using Calendly, and suddenly Calendly is no longer a timesaver.  

11 REPLIES 11

crchan123
Note Taker | Zoom Employee
Note Taker | Zoom Employee

Hi @kayhil! I know it has been a while since you initially posted, but I want to make sure you receive assistance. Are you still having this issue? If so, I'd love to help you get it resolved.

Please help us crchan123

EBBeau
Listener

@crchan123 I have the same question. When I go to edit an existing meeting to apply a template, I see the only option as "none" even though I have meeting templates saved. Please advise on how to retroactively apply a template to an already-scheduled meeting. Thank you!

joliemillerfnp
Listener

I am looking for the answer to this very question.  Has anyone found the answer?

Leb86
Listener

I too have the same issue and would like to see the answe.

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi all, 

Unfortunately, it is not possible to edit an existing meeting and apply a template to that session. Templates must be used to schedule the meeting. 

If you would like to submit any product feedback, I encourage you to visit our Zoom Feedback form, which is the official way to share any feedback or feature requests with the Zoom team. Thanks!

Thank you so much for that information. In a similar manner, I am using templates but still have a few polls that I want to add throughout the semester. Will the scheduled meetings be updated with the template's newer polls, or is it set once you initially merge it to the scheduled meeting?

That was the same for me, but I was told it can not be done.  And I gave up on the poll questions, they kept deleting my participants answers unless I downloaded them at the end of the poll.  They would all be there until the session ended then POOF, they all disappeared 😕

Bort

Hi @amich80 

The template is only copied upon initial creation of the meeting. Any updates to the template afterwards are not reflected in the meetings already scheduled from that template. 

joliemillerfnp
Listener

I did not put in an official suggetion since I am only using zoom for my doctorate project, after that, it will only be for personal use to talk to family where I have no need for templates.  So if someone else wants this feature, please suggest it.  I just went to using no template and used google forms for all my surveys, registration changes etc.  I was not about to redo 20 some odd meetings... 

C23
Listener

Recognizing this is 2 years later, but it is still an issue. As a researcher that runs interviews, I have Zoom meetings created through a standard integration with a service like Calendly, but then I want to apply a template to them with basic settings appropriate for these sessions (e.g. no profile pictures, waiting room, etc) that I don't need for my other meetings. The ability to apply a template to a meeting after the fact would be a huge time saver! What is more frustrating is that only my company's couple standard ones are available, and they are not going to add them for just a few roles usage.

(My company has not enabled feedback from the app, so I cannot log it officially there).