cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else find a fix to the issue of Bluetooth headphones not connecting on the Android app?

michaelalper36
Listener

I am new to zoom, but from going on Reddit and using Google  see this has been a issue back to 2022. with people having the same issue with multiple diff headhones. Sometimes they can get it to connect, sometimes never.

My headphones work fine with everything else on the phone. They also connect fine when using the Zoom app on my laptop. On the laptop it asks me if I want to test my Mic and Audio, then gives me the option to choose my audio device. It does NOT give me the option when I join or initiate a meeting using the Android app.

I connect my Bluetooth and my headphones before I open zoom, like I was told.

On the Android app, All the settings in Zoom show that they are connected. The  Bluetooth Icon in the zoom app in the left corner shows next to the speaker icon and in the settings it says that the headphones are connected, but the sound still only comes out of the speaker.  I even hit the volume button and try to select the headphones instead of the speaker, but it always goes back to the speaker when I close it out. I clicked the 3 dots on the right and it shows the headphones are selected and connected.

If I go to Spotify and try that they work fine.

I deleted all my cache and data on the app and uninstalled and reinstalled it. Still doesn't work using the headphones. Everything in the app says they are connected. 

5 REPLIES 5

jlynch-micron
Listener

I am having the same issue. My Bluetooth headphones work fine for literally every other Android app besides Zoom. I think this issue came about for me one day by starting to take a call on my headphones, then the call transferring to my car Bluetooth when traveling somewhere, then never transferring back to my headphones when I turned off my car and re-paired my headphones to my phone.

I have tried everything to get Zoom to use my headphones again. I have reinstalled the app, I have made android switch my default audio call device back in forth between the device (phone iteself) and the headphones, I have played with every Zoom audio setting (there are not many, only 3), and I have tried pairing and unpairing my headphones during a Zoom call.  Nothing works.  Zoom is simply refusing to use my headphones.  

Zoom, please make a way to test audio configurations on your phone app, select audio output device, or truly use the Android audio call device (because its not right now).  I have an Android 13 pixel 6, so this should not be an OS or HW issue.  All signs are pointing to an app issue.

After playing around with more setting, I added the "nearby devices" permission to Zoom and it seems to fix the issue.  I was unaware that the "nearby devices" permission referred to Bluetooth devices.

Thank you so much! It worked for me after trying everything i could. I'm now telling everyone about it 😊

MaFo
Listener

Same issue with Android 13 on Samsung Flip 5 - 'nearby devices' permission is set in app (no ability to set 'Music and audio' permission for app). All other apps (phone,  just find bluetooth device for audio playback. 

Would be really handy if app could have test speaker / mic like desktop version. I can't keep try joining different meetings with 'suggested workarounds' only having to apologise and leave meeting due to not having audio - it looks unprofessional. Would much rather join meeting early to test out audio so I have a chance to find different device for meeting if needed. 

** All other apps (phone, messaging calls, music, media).