cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to zoom camera for Windows version?

Mark21
Listener

Is there any way to zoom a USB camera with the Windows version of Zoom?  I’d like to zoom camera to adjust my face fill of the screen but can’t seem to find a way.  And for some reason my Logi camera and its software stopped working well with Zoom so I tried a Unzano camera. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Mark21 unfortunately, Zoom does not have any client camera management functionality.  If you need to zoom in, it would required the vendor software to manage the functionality.

If this answers your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" below.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

colegs

@Mark21 unfortunately, Zoom does not have any client camera management functionality.  If you need to zoom in, it would required the vendor software to manage the functionality.

If this answers your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" below.

Mark21
Listener

Interesting. It would seem Zoom would be an ideal place to let one adjust one’s face fill in the frame that I see of myself in the app  when in a meeting, just as one can blur the background or change the background. Does anyone know if I can do anything to zoom via Windows?  And does Zoom have a features request where one can ask developers to make it easier to zoom in Zoom?

colegs

@Mark21 - What you are referring to is Framing vs. Zooming since zoom cannot control the drivers for all types of USB cameras.  would be interested if Windows has any way of doing that since they have the same restrictions.

I did not see any feature requests for this in the client, but I would recommend you submit one at https://zoom.us/feed to see if there is something product could do.

bosg
Listener

Other camera software may be able to adjust your camera settings and Zoom will usually use the settings. If you cannot find software from your manufacturer, try the Camera app built-in to Windows, or Skype (Settings - Audio&Video -Webcam Settings). You may need to make the changes with Zoom closed.