cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to keep a record of other people's re-occuring meetings?

freeedda
Listener

There are a few meetings that I join in every week, hosted by other people. Is there a way (or place) in Zoom where Ican keep a record of these, so I don't need to go back each time to the email someone sent, to find the address for the meeting? 

I am talking specifically about other people's meetings, not one's I'm scheduling or hosting. In my Android Zoom app there is a sort of 'notes' section where I've recorded these, but I don't see this in my Win, web-based Zoom screen. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

The best way to handle this is to integrate Zoom with your Outlook or Google Calendar and ensure those meetings are listed there. If the calendar is integrated with Zoom, the system will show your scheduled meetings AND meetings you were invited to on the desktop and mobile apps. This article can show you how to do that: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360000488243-Setting-up-calendar-and-contacts-integration

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Bort

The best way to handle this is to integrate Zoom with your Outlook or Google Calendar and ensure those meetings are listed there. If the calendar is integrated with Zoom, the system will show your scheduled meetings AND meetings you were invited to on the desktop and mobile apps. This article can show you how to do that: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360000488243-Setting-up-calendar-and-contacts-integration

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Bort, since I don't use either of these app/products this solution doesn't work for me.

My Android Zoom app, lets me keep 'note's where I can list the links to reoccurring meetings, but it seems there is no way to do this simple thing in the Win. version of Zoom. Oh well. At least my Surface tablet lets me totally mute a Zoom meeting I'm part of (but not hosting), which I can do in Android. 

... I mean at least my Surface tablet lets me totally mute a meeting I'm part of which my Android app DOES NOT let me do. (It seems I can't edit my posts here either.)  

Bort

You should also have that personal space to keep notes on the desktop client as well. Check the Chat tab and look at the top of the list on the left for a contact that is your name, followed by (You). This should sync the messages you send there between the mobile and android apps. 

I assume you mean the 'chat' tab in the Android app? (Since there isn't one that I can see with the Win screen/app?) But if I do 'sync' from here, where are they supposed to show up in the Win. screen, since there is no comparable screen or option in the Win app/screen (which is why I asked this in the first place). I do see a Meetings > Personal Room, but I can't add meetings or notices here, only edit my own personal meeting - whatever the heck that is 

I assume you mean the 'chat' tab in the Android app? (Since there isn't one that I can see with the Win screen/app?) But if I do 'sync' from here, where are they supposed to show up in the Win. screen, since there is no comparable screen or option in the Win app/screen (which is why I asked this in the first place). I do see a Meetings > Personal Room, but I can't add meetings or notices here, only edit my own personal meeting - whatever the heck that is 

Bort

There is actually a Chat tab on the desktop client, but you are likely looking at the web portal. This is what I mean by the desktop client:

Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 12.22.31.png

Check your installed programs on your Surface and see if you have Zoom installed as a program. If so, open it and log in. If not, please download and install the desktop client here: https://zoom.us/support/download

Thanks Bort. I assume when you talk about a 'desktop client' you mean the Zoom app or program. I'll check to see if it's installed, and if not I'll install it and see. 

Best d