cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Way to Distribute Zoom Settings to multiple Users Across a Network?

GLTirebiter
Listener

Hi Everyone, 

First post from me - very happy to be joining this Zoom community!  Here's the issue:  I support 20 Zoom Meetings users across a network, with the assistance of an IT outsourcing company.  Our users have managed Window 10 desktops, and so we update to major Zoom versions after hours, across the network to all user workstations.  I'm finding that, across versions and over time, my users all have slightly different Zoom Settings.  I'd like to have my Zoom Settings used by all my users, for ease of support and maintenance, but neither I or my IT outsourcer can find a way to 1) grab my Settings and 2) distribute to all my users.  Is there a way to do this?  If not, how are other Zoom administrators addressing this user issue?  Thanks in advance for any comments and guidance the Community can provide!

GL Tirebiter

Zoom Meetings

20 Users

USA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

J-Zoom-ATL
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@GLTirebiter I would suggest deploying Zoom to your users with curated settings either via registry keys or GPO. Doing this will lock certain local settings to your preference so that there will be better conformity in your user's environments. 
Mass deploying with preconfigured settings for Windows 

I also suggest approaching this from the web as well by locking account settings for these users on your account to your preference as well. 

Attacking it from both sides allows you tighter control on these users and what they are allowed to do from the web and zoom client. 

Changing account settings 

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the "Accept as Solution" button below.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

J-Zoom-ATL

@GLTirebiter I would suggest deploying Zoom to your users with curated settings either via registry keys or GPO. Doing this will lock certain local settings to your preference so that there will be better conformity in your user's environments. 
Mass deploying with preconfigured settings for Windows 

I also suggest approaching this from the web as well by locking account settings for these users on your account to your preference as well. 

Attacking it from both sides allows you tighter control on these users and what they are allowed to do from the web and zoom client. 

Changing account settings 

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Thanks for the great info @J-Zoom-ATL , I think this will help me work with my IT outsourcer to decrease the variance in end user settings.  Much appreciated!