cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotation

SallyL
Listener

Hi

I allow a participant to share their screen. I click View Options. I don't get the option to annotate.

I have done this in the past and I was able to annotate on a screen shared by a participant, but I can't now...

Please help

Thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

How to enable annotation for meetings

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4409894568845 

Note; This feature requires  client version 5.11.4 or higher.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

View solution in original post

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @kjhartma this is correct. I believe, according to the prerequisites for screen annotation tools in virtual meetings, that this is only available for the following operating systems: 

• Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux
  • Zoom mobile app for Android or iOS:

There is also some good info within the discussion on Annotation tool - Chromebook and Macbook from @Bort on functionalities and workarounds

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

kjhartma

Double check your user settings, make sure Annotation is turned on??  And/or one of the sub-options says "Only the user sharing can annotate."  Maybe that needs to be changed to off??

I think this setting is in the web app? Where would I find this setting in the client app?

JW_PGH
Listener

I am having the same issue. I am the meeting host and this option has disappeared for me. When I check the meeting settings, Annotation is allowed (and I haven't adjusted any settings).

Sandy1968
Listener

Just within the past couple of days, the annotation and whiteboard option is not there for me as well.  I've even checked my settings.

Based on my experience since having this issue in March, for me it appears to depend on the user who is sharing their screen. I'm not sure if it's a version of Zoom they're using or a browser they're using, etc. but most of the time I can annotate but occasionally (and repeated with one particular user) this option goes away.

Alex22
Listener

This has happened to me too, with just 1 new learner (recently set up). Does anyone know what to do? 

JanfromEarth
Listener

I am having the same issue. I can annotate on 15 of 17 user screens when they are sharing. It is always the same two where the annotate is missing. 

same problem here, always same user, can't annotate on screen.

nick15
Listener

is this being looked into, most frustrating issue when trying to teach kids.

JanfromEarth
Listener

I think the problem is that the user on the other end has annotate turned off. I created a short video on how to turn it on and sent it to the client.In hindsight, I should have had her fix it while we were Zoom-ing and then tested but I did not do that. I do not remember having the problem again, however. Not very scientific but there you are.  If I run into it again, I will see if this solution works in real time. https://youtu.be/BxRasJGFn_k

Frank_TB

Hello,

How to enable annotation for meetings

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4409894568845 

Note; This feature requires  client version 5.11.4 or higher.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Yes we can set annotation on and off in the setting on the web app for hosting, but my students just join via a link and I doubt they have accounts so this won't work.

Is there a way to turn annotations on and off in the zoom client?

HighTrails
Attendee

Hi. Came here looking for a solution and found this post.  Same issue here.  Annotation on a client shared document etc. usually works but not always.  Very frustrating as then you have to ask for their document, or other item which aren't always possible, and do it from your screen.  I also watched the video @JanfromEarth  generously made and, rats!, everything was as it should be.  

nick15
Listener

thanks for the video, though my settings are as per the video, still can't annotate on chromebooks or tablet type devices.

kjhartma

Wait, that might be the issue.  I vaguely years ago remember hearing something about some features in Zoom not available for Chromebooks or something like that.

Have you tried putting in a ticket directly with Zoom support?

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @kjhartma this is correct. I believe, according to the prerequisites for screen annotation tools in virtual meetings, that this is only available for the following operating systems: 

• Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux
  • Zoom mobile app for Android or iOS:

There is also some good info within the discussion on Annotation tool - Chromebook and Macbook from @Bort on functionalities and workarounds

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!