cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotation and drawing tools not appearing for other user

JessicaVlasova
Listener

When I share my whiteboard the annotation and drawing tools are not appearing for the other user. I have checked that annotation is enabled in my meeting settings and I have checked during the screen share that annotation is enabled. Any suggestions welcome!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GreggG_aka_4G
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello JessicaVlasova - I just tested this in my environment. When the host shares a whiteboard, the attendee has to select the view options to drop down and select annotate. See the following:

GreggG_aka_4G_0-1642201316436.png

Additionally, here is the Zoom support guide for annotation: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005706806-Using-annotation-tools-for-collaboration

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit too.

Gregg Glowinski

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

GreggG_aka_4G

Hello JessicaVlasova - I just tested this in my environment. When the host shares a whiteboard, the attendee has to select the view options to drop down and select annotate. See the following:

GreggG_aka_4G_0-1642201316436.png

Additionally, here is the Zoom support guide for annotation: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005706806-Using-annotation-tools-for-collaboration

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit too.

Gregg Glowinski

Annotate does not appear under View Options as indicated in this solution. Annotate is enabled in settings. Both parties are using app. I have seen multiple posts about this but no solutions.

RHTirrell
Listener

I've enabled annotation in my Zoom settings so that attendees (who are not screen sharing) can annotate. However, the annotate option only comes up for hosts and panelists and not attendees. Why is that?

brimfuldrinks
Listener

I have the same problem. There are no annotation tools visible for my colleague who has checked all the right options and has been made an editor. The same happens if she starts a whiteboard. The annotation toolbar flashes up briefly and then disappears.

It's a big problem. If zoom doesn't provide a solution then we'll have to switch to a different meetings platform.

I have never seen it flash, but there are two other things I have learned. Annotation only works if the participant joins through the app (desktop client),  rather than their browser. Also, annotation does not seem to be supported on Chromebooks at all.

joho104
Listener

I've also been trying different suggestions, and have enabled participants to write on the Whiteboard. It seems that 'guests' who join meetings without an account, simply by joining with meeting ID & passcode can only view the whiteboard. There is NO view options to select annotate, nor is there is tool bar to add to the whiteboard. Zoom, please add a fix for guests...