Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative host couldn't see the upcoing events

Sachin4
Listener

Hello,

We have a businees plan user.
When our primary host adds me as an alternative host to a webinar that is scheduled, the expectation is that I should be able to see the webinar details in my zoom webinar dashboard.
Unfortunately that is not happening.
Because of this, the primary host can only download the registration report. 

May I know if this is the behaviour for all

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Sachin4.

I'm not sure whether you are concerned about seeing upcoming events (as noted in the title) or not able to run reports (as noted in the text).

This Zoom Support article on Alternate Hosts might be of help:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/208220166-Designating-an-alternative-host

Please see the first paragraph.  Alternative Hosts do not see the meetings on their Zoom client for which they've been assigned, but with the proper settings, they should receive an invitation email with a link to join the meeting.

Please also see this article on Scheduling Privileges:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362803-Using-scheduling-privilege

With Scheduling Privileges, both the owner and their designee can see meetings in their respective Client Apps, and I believe these are also available in reports.

Your internal Zoom admin might be able to give your Alternate Host access to reports using the User Role permissions, if this is appropriate.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hi Ray,
Thanks for your reach out. I would like to brief the scenario for better clarity.
My teammate and I are organizing a webinar.
Where my teammate created a webinar meeting and added me as an alternative host with all the permission.
Since he isn't there I am supposed to review the registered candidates' report from zoom and send out a follow-up email a week before the meeting. 
My assumption was that I can generate the registration report myself but I couldn't see the webinar details on my Webinar page though I am the alternate host. 

This creates a dependency and deadlock situation when the main host is not there around.