cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative Hosts

flemjam1
Listener

Hi, 

We have three zoom licences for the business; we share the host and co-host meetings between all three employees.

Here is my problem: When a cohost starts a meeting and runs it, and I (the host) try to start a new discussion on my computer, it wants to end the current session created and run by one of the alternative hosts.

This has never happened before, and I need to know what is happening; it stops anyone who set up the meeting as a host from using zoom if an alternative host is running the meeting.

What do I do, and how do I fix this? We (the host and alternative host) must be able to run meetings without the primary host. The primary host, who is maybe doing another event, can start and stop zoom meetings without stopping the current event from running via the alternative host. 

1 REPLY 1

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

This is not a fix with Zoom or your licensing, this is a fix in how and who is scheduling Zoom meetings versus who ends-up hosting those meetings.

You can delegate scheduling to somebody in your Zoom organization or have each license owner schedule and host their own meetings.

Here is a link to the delegation option.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362803-Using-scheduling-privilege

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen