cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative Hosts

LisaLanier
Listener

I am having an issue with designating Alternative hosts.  Let's say I have a meeting scheduled and have designated an alternative host for that meeting. I want to schedule a second meeting with a different alternative host.  When I schedule that second meeting, it changes the alternative host on my existing meeting to be the same as the alternative host on the second meeting.  Is this a limitation of the Alternative Host function or am I doing something wrong?

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @LisaLanier, I am not experiencing this after testing. Please see screenshots as I've set two different meetings with two different meeting ID's and two different alternative hosts'. 

Two scheduled meetings with different alternative hosts, meeting IDs and times. 

First scheduled meeting with the first set alternative host.

Second scheduled meeting with the second set alternative host.

Question: Are you setting an alternative host for your personal room (PMI)

I also suggest checking to see if your alternative hosts are receiving emails or notifications on when they're added as an alternative host, from your profile settings https://zoom.us/profile/setting ensuring "When an alternative host is set or removed from a meeting" is enabled. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I am using my account under my Company's license.  The alternative hosts are indeed getting the emails.  I think you did answer my question though.  I have been using the default meeting ID when setting up meetings.  That has been the same ID number for every meeting.  I just need to make sure my meeting IDs are unique going forward. Thanks!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@LisaLanier my pleasure! Let me know if that helps, otherwise will be more than happy to further troubleshoot with you! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!