cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate host- not able to admit participants in the waiting room

Rupinder
Listener

We create registration links for all of our recurring meetings. Each meeting has at least 2 alternate hosts.

Before alternate hosts were able to start the meeting before the host, but recently, one of our alternate host was not able to see the waiting room to admit the participants. They shared that there was a message informing that they are a co-host until the host joins. When the host joined, their alternate host privilege was gone. The host had to manually add them again as a co-host.

This had never been an issue before. The alternate hosts were able to let people in from the waiting room and they  automatically became the co-hosts after the host joined the meeting.

Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3

Alex_PFT
Participant | Zoom Partner

Maybe the co-host feature is disabled for the meeting??

• If the original host joins after the alternative host, the original host is given the option to regain host-control of the meeting, or have the host-controls remain with the alternative host. If the original host rejoins and takes host control, the alternative-host will:
    • become a co-host (If the co-host feature is enabled for the meeting)
    • become a normal participant (If the co-host feature is disabled for the meeting)

Rupinder
Listener

Thanks for your reply Alex. I checked the settings. Co-host feature is not disabled at my end. When I scheduled meetings on somebody's behalf, I always added alternate hosts and they became co-hosts after the actual host joined the meeting. It's only recently that my coworkers are facing such issues.  Before it was quite straight forward.

Could it be anything in Host's Zoom settings? Could it be a new update?

Alex_PFT

It's odd then. As per Zoom support:

• If the original host joins after the alternative host, the original host is given the option to regain host-control of the meeting, or have the host-controls remain with the alternative host. If the original host rejoins and takes host control, the alternative-host will:
    • become a co-host (If the co-host feature is enabled for the meeting)
    • become a normal participant (If the co-host feature is disabled for the meeting)