cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate host from same Zoom "organization" - cannot make them alternate host

theadampierce
Listener

I did the "link master-sub" step in the below link and we now have an organization together.  However the article talks about items under "more settings" that are not there.  All I have under "more settings" is 

"Show "Pair with Room" feature on Zoom client"

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4403249620493

10 REPLIES 10

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Are you 100% sure that you are in a master/sub-account setup? These are not very common and a likely reason you don't have this setting. 

I will double check to be sure.  My real goal is to allow an alternate host to a recurring meeting.  My friend has a paid Zoom account, just like I do.  The fact I cannot easily make another paid user an alternate host seems rather arbitrary to me, as if someone dreamed up a restriction for some strange (revenue?) reason......Will double check and advise.

Bort

I can assure you there is an actual technical reason behind the current restriction, but you can certainly submit any product feedback through the Zoom Feedback form, which is the official way to share any feedback or feature requests with the Zoom team. 

theadampierce
Listener

Confirmed.  We have the organization all setup and he accepted the request per the instructions

Bort

You've linked the organizations, but are your two accounts in a master/sub-configuration? The master account would have a Sub Accounts option under the Account Management section of the web portal: 

Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 19.34.48.png

theadampierce
Listener

I do not have the noted "sub accounts" section, though the Zoom article link I provided claims to be providing the noted instructions.  Any suggestions on what to do?

Bort

If you don't have the Sub account section, then you are not in that account configuration and thus unable to use this feature. 

I don't doubt that, but as I mentioned before, I have followed the directions very carefully, despite their complexity to do what should be a very simple thing (i.e. let someone else host your meeting).  The provided Zoom instructions did not work.  What to do now?

Bort

Unfortunately, since you are not in such an account configuration, this option is unavailable for you to use. The instructions provided would work if you had that account type, but the final steps are not visible when you don't meet the prerequisites. 

Since you and your colleague are not on the same account, most direct options are unavailable to you, but you might check out my suggestion provided on this post: Alternative Host 

theadampierce
Listener

Bort - I am very open to doing something other than what Zoom provided as instructions to get in the appropriate account config.  Just need to know what to do.  Thx