cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate/co-host access to zoom meeting

nora_o
Listener

Hello, I have a weekly zoom meeting set up and my co-workers and I take turns hosting the sessions. I have them added as Alternative Hosts and I invite them to the calendar invite (google calendar), but each time they run the session they are required to Register for the zoom meeting. How can they get around that and be able to start the session as a  host without registering? Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

It should have been emailed to them when you scheduled the meeting and set them as an Alt-host. You may need to edit the meeting, remove them as alt-host, save, then edit again and set them as alt-host to send them a new email/link. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Bort

The Alt-host needs to use the unique link that was generated for them when you set them as the alt-host. 

Thanks, @Bort. Where can I/they find that link?

Bort

It should have been emailed to them when you scheduled the meeting and set them as an Alt-host. You may need to edit the meeting, remove them as alt-host, save, then edit again and set them as alt-host to send them a new email/link. 

Thanks so much!!

ZoomUser2022
Listener

Is there an option to resend the email and unique link? Our sessions are often scheduled several weeks in advance, and occasionally an Alt-host misplaces or accidentally deletes the email generated at the time of scheduling. It would be helpful to be able to resend. Also, it used to be the case that meetings for which I was designated an Alt-host would show up in 'My Meetings', which made it very easy to log in and start a meeting. Is this something I can fix in settings or does Zoom no longer provide this option?