cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate Meeting Hosts

LynAuthor
Listener

I lead bi-weekly writers workshops. I do not make money from this. Occasionally, I ask someone else to lead the workshop because I'm away or have another commitment. In the past, I was able to give my logon into to that person to start the meeting. Based on recent experience, it seems Zoom has tightened up this path and I won't be able to ask someone else to lead the meeting unless I open it. Is this true? I have already added another licensed use for someone who is leading another regular workshop. To add a third is out of my price range and seems absurd since I only need a substitute facilitator maybe four times a year. Can anybody clarify or confirm this situation for me?

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Use the Host Key method, described here:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/205172555-Using-your-host-key 

Requires the meeting not be set for Waiting Room and must be set for Join Before Host. As long as you trust the person getting your host key, this is the easiest way to have someone else host an occasional meeting for you. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hi Ray. Apologies for being so uninformed. I take it that the Host Key is different from the Password Key since, in my account, they are in fact different. Since I am setting Join Before Host, I think that requires the Password which all participants will have. However, I should give the substitute the Host Key? How does the sub use it? Where/when do they enter it? Thanks for your help.

Ray_Harwood

No problem, Lyn. Not many people are aware of it!  Yes, the Passcode – which is normally embedded in the meeting Join URL – is different from the Host Key. You get your Host Key from your Profile page on zoom.us. 

All the information is in that article I referenced. The person you give the Host Key to joins the meeting and follows the process in the “How to Claim Host” section. It’s not difficult – just unusual!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !