cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate Host

Delbusch
Listener

I want to set up an alternate host for my meeting but when I put the email in the host box the meeting won't save.  It says I can't select that host at this time.  I have tried several alternates and none work?  What am I missing?

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Delbusch alternative hosts need to be on the same account as the Host's account. Here are the prerequisites for alternative host.

• Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux: Global minimum version or higher
  • Zoom mobile app for Android or iOS: Global minimum version or higher
  • Both users need to be Licensed and on the same account
  • For webinar, the user who schedules the meeting needs both a license and the webinar add-on; the alternative host only needs to be Licensed
  • Alternative hosts must be signed in to Zoom with the correct account in order to be granted the host or co-host permissions
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

allisonwarren
Listener

My alternative hosts meet all stated parameters. I am setting up meeting on behalf of my boss and want to mark myself and my coworkers as alternative hosts, however, am receiving error message " Unable to assign[alternative host email] as an alternative host because the user cannot be selected at this time". I have assigned in this way in the past. How do I get alternatives assigned and why is it not working. All are licensed.

Hey @allisonwarren The host must designate another Licensed user on the same account to be the alternative host.  

Account owners and admins can enable an account-level setting to allow users to add alternative hosts and assign scheduling privileges to other users who are in the same organization.

Users can assign these roles to users on other accounts, but all accounts must be in a master/sub account configuration and account owners or admins must link the master/sub account in the Account Profile page to see this account-level setting https://zoom.us/account#/ 

Once these settings are configured for the account, users will follow the normal steps for scheduling a meeting with an alternative host or using scheduling privilege to schedule for another user

Does this help provide clarity? I would ensure that the user affected are within the master/sub account 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!