cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate Host

Michelle2017
Listener

I am trying to add an alternate host to a meeting I am scheduling.  This person has a person zoom account with meeting ID and everything.  Every time I try to add them as the alternate host I get an error that his email or name cannot be found.  Need help asap

10 REPLIES 10

Nafi
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

I reply already but why it not show up.. weird..

I am Zoom Enthusiast (Part of PT. Kayreach System, Indonesia Authorized Reseller, Certified Zoom Room, Zoom Phone, and Pro AV Integrator)

Nafi

Please make sure and check all Prerequisites

Here is for your reference: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/208220166-Alternative-host?mobile_site=true 

Hope it helps! please like and mark this as solution so whenever someone has the same question this content will help.

I am Zoom Enthusiast (Part of PT. Kayreach System, Indonesia Authorized Reseller, Certified Zoom Room, Zoom Phone, and Pro AV Integrator)

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Michelle2017 

Please make sure the other Zoom user is someone on your same account and also have a license. You cannot assign Alternative Host to someone on a different Zoom account. More info about Alternative Host can be found on the support site. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Hi I've tried the solution you described, but it still not working. I have the same issue as Michelle2017.

Any email address that I include as Alternative Host, it shows as not able to find, although I know that those accounts are licensed. 

Bort

Are those licensed users on the same account as you? When you both go to the Account Profile page, do you see the same Account number? 

oh.... I'm not sure, because our account was created by our employer.

Would having same account number also affect the ability to edit Polls?

thank you very much for your reply!

Bort

Hi @MiwaY 

If your account was created by your employer, that should mean that you are both on the same account, but you will need to confirm that. Not being on the same account is an often overlooked prerequisite for Alt-hosting. 

Not sure what you mean by the ability to edit polls. Is that something you cannot do in your account, or in a specific situation? 

Hi Bort,

My co-worker and I tried to edit poll questions, but it gave the ability only for her that created the meeting link. We tried to change back and forth Host and Co-host but it didn't gave me the possibility to do so. She mentioned that in another meeting she and her co-host was able to edit the poll at anytime without issues.

Bort

Hi @MiwaY 

Sorry for the delayed response, but I have new info for you. 

As of last week, only the host of the session could edit and add polls in a meeting, while the co-hosts could launch already existing polls. With Friday's web update, you now have the ability for an alt-host to be able to edit/add polls as well. Tomorrow there will be a new version of the Zoom app, so when that is available this functionality will be usable in the desktop client for the alt-host. 

Hopefully that is helpful in your situation. 

Hi Bort,

Thank you very much for the update and for remembering to text me!

Regards,

Miwa