cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allowing meetings participants to share their desktop by default

Lordran
Listener

Hello,

when I start a meeting, the setting for sharing the desktop for the meeting participants is set to "Host only" by default.

Lordran_0-1660725110556.png

(The language on the screenshot in German, I hope you can identify the location of the dialog/setting.)

Is there a setting to allow participants to share their desktop by default, so I don't have to set it always manually (or in other words, I would like the underlined setting to be the default for every meeting I start)?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Kind regards,

Ben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hallo @Lordran 

Ja, es gibt eine Einstellung, wo Sie das Standardverhalten ändern können. Auf der Einstellungsseite können Sie die Bildschirmübertragung Einstellung finden. Dort haben Sie das gleiche Einstellungen als was Sie im Meeting finden können. Was Sie hier als Standard einstellen, wird auch das neue Standard im Meeting sein. 

Auf Englisch für andere: 

Yes, there is a setting where you can change the default behavior. On the Settings page you can find the Screen Sharing Settings. There you have the same settings as what you can find in the meeting. What you set here as the default will also be the new standard in the meeting.

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Bort

Hallo @Lordran 

Ja, es gibt eine Einstellung, wo Sie das Standardverhalten ändern können. Auf der Einstellungsseite können Sie die Bildschirmübertragung Einstellung finden. Dort haben Sie das gleiche Einstellungen als was Sie im Meeting finden können. Was Sie hier als Standard einstellen, wird auch das neue Standard im Meeting sein. 

Auf Englisch für andere: 

Yes, there is a setting where you can change the default behavior. On the Settings page you can find the Screen Sharing Settings. There you have the same settings as what you can find in the meeting. What you set here as the default will also be the new standard in the meeting.

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Lordran
Listener

That‘s it - thanks a lot for your help!

Bort

Gerne! 

My settings do not show a "who can share" option.  Here are my screenshots:

ks391262_0-1664472286924.png

and after clicking "Advanced"

ks391262_1-1664472331243.png

How can I enable screen sharing for all participants by default when it isn't shown in my settings?

Bort

Those are the client settings, but you need to access the Settings page on the Zoom website, where most of the defaults for your account can be set. 

Ah, got it.  Thanks!