cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow registrants to join from multiple devices

fsw
Listener

Under meeting options is a control labeled "Allow registrants to join from multiple devices."

Is this setting referring to a single user connecting to a meeting from multiple devices simultaneously? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @fsw 

Yes, exactly. This is more important when using registration for a meeting or webinar, as customers often use the registration form as a way to pre-screen participants.

If someone were to get past the registration portion and intend to cause disruption in the live session, having the Allow registrants to join from multiple devices option enabled could allow that person to share their unique link with others to join at the same time for a larger disruption. Disabling that option just means that when a registrant joins with their link, they have to leave the meeting or webinar first, before being able to join on another device, such as switching from desktop to mobile. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Bort

Hi @fsw 

Yes, exactly. This is more important when using registration for a meeting or webinar, as customers often use the registration form as a way to pre-screen participants.

If someone were to get past the registration portion and intend to cause disruption in the live session, having the Allow registrants to join from multiple devices option enabled could allow that person to share their unique link with others to join at the same time for a larger disruption. Disabling that option just means that when a registrant joins with their link, they have to leave the meeting or webinar first, before being able to join on another device, such as switching from desktop to mobile. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Hi @Bort Is there an API or Webhook that can be used to disable this setting while creating a meeting/webinar?

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Ashutosh_Singh.

You might consider asking this question over in the Developers Forum at https://developers.zoom.us/

They’re much more likely to have an answer to developer questions over there. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Bort

Hi @Ashutosh_Singh 

I'm far from an expert on APIs, but it appears this is possible through the Update a meeting API call. For more information, you can refer to the developer documentation here: https://developers.zoom.us/docs/meeting-sdk/apis/#operation/meetingUpdate

Beyond that, if you need further help, I would suggest the DevForum that @Ray_Harwood mentioned, as they are better suited to help answer developer questions. 

Hope that helps!

fsw
Listener

Thank you, that provides the clarification I was looking for.

WilliamStafford
Listener

With the same account having multiple devices connected, I as the meeting attendee see say three devices all with your profile picture. Is there a way of changing the profile picture for say device 2, your profile picture, since its you, stays the same. Then the other devices have various profile pictures, you know something exotic like a 2 and 3, both from the same account? I am running into the problem where I need to join a breakout room, while still being in the main room to monitor what's going on. I need to change my profile picture to be able to see which mic I'm muting, and screen sharing from the device.  

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @WilliamStafford.

I do this often when facilitating/producing events. Some time ago I created multiple logins on my account – I call them Zoom 1, Zoom 2, etc., and use email aliases that forward to one email account. They’re Basic (free) accounts, and don’t cost any extra money. Each one has its own profile picture. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !