cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Algorithm for Speaker View + Prioritization of Speakers on top of window when Screen-sharing enabled

piR
Listener

Hello,

I am just wondering if anyone could help me with where I could get more information about the algorithms used in Zoom that prioritize certain speakers when in “Speaker View” when several people are talking at the same time?

Also are there any documentation on how the platform chooses who gets in the top window of profiles when a screen is being shared? How does the platform choose who gets to be on the top of the screen and why are the other participants of the call left out?

Any directions on where I could find this information would be extremely appreciated.

Thank you very much for your time and help.

piR.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shaneatzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @piR 

The exacts of this algorithm are secret sauce, but we're evaluating a number of factors including current video and audio mute as well as historical mute status (to predict who might be jumping in soon).  

If you want to prioritize certain speakers, you can leverage our pin or spotlight functionality on those users by clicking the '...' in the upper right corner of their video window.

Thanks for your inquiry and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Please be sure to mark 'accept as solution' if this answered your question and thanks for using Zoom!

Shane
Architect @ Zoom

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shaneatzoom

Hi @piR 

The exacts of this algorithm are secret sauce, but we're evaluating a number of factors including current video and audio mute as well as historical mute status (to predict who might be jumping in soon).  

If you want to prioritize certain speakers, you can leverage our pin or spotlight functionality on those users by clicking the '...' in the upper right corner of their video window.

Thanks for your inquiry and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Please be sure to mark 'accept as solution' if this answered your question and thanks for using Zoom!

Shane
Architect @ Zoom

Thank you for your reply. I wish I could peak into this secret sauce you are telling me about haha.

Best,

piR.

bdelossantos

I would also recommend joining our Zoom Developer Forum and post the question there.

I hope this helps.

"Challenges help us grow, try and learn new things, welcome constructive feedback, embrace uncertainty, and always assume the best intentions, especially with our teammates." - from a respected leader

Thank you, yes I asked the same question in the developer forum and they advised me to contact the technical support team via email, which I did. Let's see if they can tell me a little bit more about this.

Best,

piR.