cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After a meeting, Zoom auto starts another meeting on a computer on this network

sunrise
Listener

A bizarre thing happens after a meeting. The computer across the room starts up a new meeting. This has happened several times, and caused problems when there were technical difficulties at the other end and I needed to restart Zoom. Then I could not get back in to the original meeting. I turned around and I saw what the other computer had inexplicably created a meeting under my account.

I cannot see any settings having to do with this, and have no idea why it would do this on its own. It is not set to open Zoom on start up on either computer, and in the last year, the only time Zoom has been on the other computer is if it auto opens to create a meeting. Very creepy. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @sunrise, I know it has been a while since you initially posted, and I apologize for just now seeing your post. This does seem strange. Has it happened again? If so, I'd love to help get you more information. 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

aquarian27
Listener

This is exactly what I came here to ask about.  I have a desktop and a laptop.  I use the laptop for things I need to have my camera and mic enabled on, and the desktop for things where I can just listen and comment in chat.  When I am in a meeting on my laptop, the same meeting keeps auto opening itself on my desktop.  This often creates horrible feedback loops if I don't get to it fast enough.  I tried going through my settings and disabling that function, as mentioned in an article here, but it is still doing it and I have no idea how to make it stop.  I'm at work and do not have administrator priveleges.