cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin Schedule Meeting for Owner

MH2_TR
Listener

As the owner account, I have granted a few of the admin accounts rights to schedule meetings for me.  I see them listed in the Settings>Meetings>Other>Scheduling Privileges section. However, when those accounts schedule a meeting, they don't see my account as an option to choose from. Are admins not allowed to schedule meetings for the owner?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @MH2_TR,

Can you confirm that the people who can't schedule for the owner DO see the owner's account info in the "I can schedule for..." section of the Settings?

• If the owner's account is there, then I would expect them to be able to schedule for the owner.  In this case, you should submit a support ticket to Zoom:
    Support Ticket entry: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new 
    I'd recommend including the URL of this thread in your ticket for reference, so they know some troubleshooting has already been done.  If you do not get satisfactory resolution with a couple of email exchanges with Tier 1 support, I'd recommend immediately asking for your ticket to be escalated to Tier 2 support.
  • If the owner's account isn't there, then I would not expect them to be able to schedule for the owner.  Make sure that the owner (you?) have granted access to everyone, and that once you have granted access, that your account email appears in the "I can schedule for" section of the others.

This one is truly odd to me!  Keep me in the loop... I'll be very interested in the resolution.  I know this works for most cases; I do it among my own small set of accounts, and have clients that I've guided in setting this up successfully.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @MH2_TR,

What mechanism are your admins using to schedule meetings on your behalf?  It works very well on the Web interface and on the Zoom Desktop Client, but I often hear issues with people using Outlook or Google add-ins to do this.

On the Zoom Client, they should see the Schedule For line (not normally seen unless Scheduling Privilege is established):

Ray_Harwood_0-1668533456535.png

On the web, that drop-down is at the top:

Ray_Harwood_1-1668533539256.png

If they don't see this drop-down, then Scheduling Privilege hasn't been properly set up. This Zoom Support article has all the details:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362803-Scheduling-Privilege 

Note there are two places where account linkages are shown.  The top one is for accounts that can schedule (and start!) meetings on your behalf (you gave them permission); the bottom one is for accounts that YOU can schedule (and start) for them (they gave you permission):

Ray_Harwood_3-1668533842608.png

I normally co-share privileges (as opposed to "one way" privileges), but if there are many meetings, it might be overwhelming for some staff.  When looking at meetings on the Zoom Client or Web site, it's possible to look just at meetings for another person, or yourself -- that helps reduce the clutter from many busy schedules.

If you still need help, come back here and I'll work with you on the details.

Greetings Ray,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. We are doing this in the web portal.  We have a few accounts set up with privileges just as you noted. All the accounts can schedule for each other with the functions noted, and the owner account can schedule for the others as well. They were all set up in the in the schedule privileges section for each account, and the owner account lists those other accounts as having privileges for it. 

However, nobody sees the owner account listed in the dropdown when scheduling a new meeting, just all the other accounts for which they have scheduling privileges.  That's why I asked the question. It only seems that others can't schedule for the owner account, but everything else works for scheduling between all accounts that have the privileges set.  I might delete and readd those privileges to the owner just to see if it changes anything.

Ray_Harwood

Update:  Now that I read your response more carefully, I see what you are saying... you can ignore the original post below.  I'll think on this and send back something more appropriate shortly.

-----

Make sure the other people are also adding you -- you want to see the same name in both the "I gave you permission" and "you gave me permission" lists.  I'm not 100% sure that this will solve your issue, but it's something to try.

There are also a few things I'll review in Zoom's "Role Management" area that might be preventing proper visibility for people properly given Scheduling Privilege.

Let me know your progress... or lack thereof! 

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @MH2_TR,

Can you confirm that the people who can't schedule for the owner DO see the owner's account info in the "I can schedule for..." section of the Settings?

• If the owner's account is there, then I would expect them to be able to schedule for the owner.  In this case, you should submit a support ticket to Zoom:
    Support Ticket entry: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new 
    I'd recommend including the URL of this thread in your ticket for reference, so they know some troubleshooting has already been done.  If you do not get satisfactory resolution with a couple of email exchanges with Tier 1 support, I'd recommend immediately asking for your ticket to be escalated to Tier 2 support.
  • If the owner's account isn't there, then I would not expect them to be able to schedule for the owner.  Make sure that the owner (you?) have granted access to everyone, and that once you have granted access, that your account email appears in the "I can schedule for" section of the others.

This one is truly odd to me!  Keep me in the loop... I'll be very interested in the resolution.  I know this works for most cases; I do it among my own small set of accounts, and have clients that I've guided in setting this up successfully.

Thanks for all the thoughtful help, Ray.  I removed and added the shared scheduler again and it seems to work now. I think there was just a glitch or something in the cache that was not working.  

Ray_Harwood

One more thing, @MH2_TR.  I've now got another Zoom Community post which seems to report that their Scheduling Privilege which was working is now broken.

Do you have a reasonable estimate of when you set up Scheduling Privilege?  Was it very recently, or some "easily determinable timeframe"?  I'm trying to see if there's a common thread that might indicate a more widespread issue to alert the Zoom Support team about.

Thanks for any info you can share!

Greetings, @Ray_Harwood , I think it was in the last week, no more than two, that the scheduling privileges were added for the account noted.  But I just saw the issue this week when I posted because it was the first time I was scheduling for or changing to that host.