Adding churches' mics and cameras to a zoom meeting

schönzoom
Listener

We need help adding our churches cameras and mics to a future zoom meeting

2 REPLIES 2

TorahTechGuy
Community Champion | Customer

What kind of help? For multiple cameras you will need either a powered dock with camlinks (or the like) and a software switching solution or an atem switcher. For audio you will need an audio interface to convert the audio to digital into zoom

David Paskin
Your Torah Tech Guy
www.torahtechguy.com

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @schönzoom.

@TorahTechGuy has the right idea, but I'd like to add some additional info.

Basically you'll need some way to bring the cameras and mics together in a way that you can control them. If you're just starting out, you probably want it as simple as possible, with a way to select one camera at a time, and one mic at a time.  There are a number of ways to do this in hardware or in software, but the basic idea then is that through whatever set-up you have, you end up feeding one camera and one mic into Zoom through your PC or Mac.

Budget is always a consideration.  How many technically-oriented people are available to assist is also something to think about.  You can work with PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) cameras and control them remotely, but many churches grow into what I'd have to call a "major production".  I'm sure you've probably search YouTube, but here's a video to see "the art of the possible": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXUX9Y7-7LY 

As you get some experience working at a simple level, you can "up your game" by being able to combine camera views and mix audio on your control systems (hardware or software), which still ends up feeding one camera view (though that might be a consolidated view created by your system) and one audio feed (which might be a blended audio sound).

If you already have cameras and mics, it might be helpful to list them here - model numbers and placements in your church's space.  With that, we might be able to provide some additional guidance and suggestions on how to proceed.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !