cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding an Admin

Toastie362
Listener

We have a Zoom account for our Toastmasters Club. I want to give admin access to two of the club officers, in addition to me having it. I have added them as users, but am not clear if they now have admin access. Since I will not be at every meeting due to travel, I want to make certain at least two people at the meeting can run the meeting and have full access. The support desk it not clear on that. Anyone else run into this? We have a Basic account as a non-profit.

2 REPLIES 2

ccameron
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Toastie362,

To verify a user's role, go to User Management > Users > search the individual's name > under "Role" you'll see if they're an admin or a normal member. Photo attached.

To make a regular member into an admin, you'll follow the the steps below:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal as the account owner or user with the privilege to edit account settings.
  2. In the navigation menu, click User Management then Users.
  3. Select the check box to the left of the users that you want to assign a role.
  4. Click the Change Role button.
    This displays the Change Role dialog.
  5. Choose the name of the role to which you want to add users.
  6. Click the Save button to return to the Users page.

To clarify, an admin will have permission to make account changes but doesn't make them an automatic host or co-host of meetings.

To give somebody else an ability to start and run a meeting when you aren't there, you'll want to make them an alternative host. Steps for that are below. This will require both users to be on a paid license 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/208220166-Designating-an-alternative-host

If this answers your question, please accept as solution.

Tulia
Listener

Hi there, I have a paid version of zoom, however I'm not listed as the admin of the account, and I can't change it either.

Please advise

Thanks

T