cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a new User

jacuso
Listener

Hello!,

I am new with Zoom. I bought Zoom One PRO license, and now I would like that another person be able to create meeting too. Because I can't meet with my group always, and I need that someone else do the meetings in my name. 

I tried to get information, but I found that zoom is very complecated, have a lot of information, and very little simple explanations. I guess that I need to buy another license of Zoom One Pro, in order to give it to the second person.

am I right?. or is there another option?..

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @jacuso 

You can invite others to join your Pro account, but by default they are added as Basic users on your account. This means that they can also schedule their own meetings, but since they are basic, meetings they've scheduled will be limited to 40-minutes. 

If you need them to be able host meetings on your behalf, you would need to purchase a 2nd license on your account, assign that user the extra license, and assign them to be an alternative host as needed, which allows them to start those meetings as the host in place of you, the actual host. 

If you don't need them to be the full host, there is a simpler workaround: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/8780304262157-Starting-a-meeting-without-the-host-present This method doesn't require an additional license, but strips away most security options to allow the meeting to run without a host, so be wary of this option if the meeting is about sensitive information. This post Alternate Meeting Hosts details the process a bit more, combined with the use of the host key. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Bort

Hi @jacuso 

You can invite others to join your Pro account, but by default they are added as Basic users on your account. This means that they can also schedule their own meetings, but since they are basic, meetings they've scheduled will be limited to 40-minutes. 

If you need them to be able host meetings on your behalf, you would need to purchase a 2nd license on your account, assign that user the extra license, and assign them to be an alternative host as needed, which allows them to start those meetings as the host in place of you, the actual host. 

If you don't need them to be the full host, there is a simpler workaround: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/8780304262157-Starting-a-meeting-without-the-host-present This method doesn't require an additional license, but strips away most security options to allow the meeting to run without a host, so be wary of this option if the meeting is about sensitive information. This post Alternate Meeting Hosts details the process a bit more, combined with the use of the host key. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thanks you!

That solved my question!