cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a United States Dial In Number

NR33
Listener

Hi,

When starting a meeting in the Windows Zoom app, I would like to add a telephone number to the meeting invite. When I select "Telephone" or "Telephone and Computer Audio," the text below that option says "Dial in from Germany." How do I change this to the United States? Please note I am in the United States.

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

You should be able to click the Edit option there to adjust other countries and numbers included in the invitation. If no options are available there, you will likely need to check and adjust a couple of things in the web settings: 

• Open the Settings page and switch to the Audio Conferencing tab. There, ensure that the United States is enabled under the Toll Call option. If not there, check the next option and come back to this. 
  • On your Profile page, ensure that the US is enabled under the Meetings/webinars data center option. If not, enable it and go back to the first option above. 

View solution in original post

Bort

Since the US data center was not enabled, it meant that none of the US dial-in numbers were available for use in your meetings. Participants could still connect on their computer in the US, but would connect to the European servers, as they were likely the closest data centers enabled for your account. 

Glad I was able to help you out. Be sure to mark that response as the Accepted Solution! 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Bort

You should be able to click the Edit option there to adjust other countries and numbers included in the invitation. If no options are available there, you will likely need to check and adjust a couple of things in the web settings: 

• Open the Settings page and switch to the Audio Conferencing tab. There, ensure that the United States is enabled under the Toll Call option. If not there, check the next option and come back to this. 
  • On your Profile page, ensure that the US is enabled under the Meetings/webinars data center option. If not, enable it and go back to the first option above. 

NR33
Listener

Thanks! This worked. When I hit Edit the United States was not listed as an option. The United States was also not listed as a Toll Call option. I went to my profile page and reset the modifications made to Meetings/webinars data center. Now, United States appears when I hit edit on the Schedule Meeting screen. 

I also updated my Zoom client during this. That might have helped too. 

Bort

Since the US data center was not enabled, it meant that none of the US dial-in numbers were available for use in your meetings. Participants could still connect on their computer in the US, but would connect to the European servers, as they were likely the closest data centers enabled for your account. 

Glad I was able to help you out. Be sure to mark that response as the Accepted Solution! 

bobcederstrom
Listener

can someone please help me add a dial in number to my account