cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a Bluetooth speaker to Zoom on Ipad

LynTh
Listener

I run Zoom yoga classes and use an ipad Version OS14.1.   I have recently started using Rode microphones and connect a lightning cable to use the microphones.  The microphones work well but it has reduced the speaker sound when students  talk to me.  I have to sit next to the ipad to hear them (not helpful when teaching yoga as I am about 2 metres away from the screen).   I am trying to bluetooth a speaker and have looked at the Community posts which state I just need to adjust the speaker information next to the speaker Icon.  Using Zoom on my ipad results in no speaker icon.  I attach a screen shot below.  How do I connect to Bluetooth using the iPad zoom screen please?

3 REPLIES 3

LynTh
Listener

Hi Everyone -   @InspectorGadget  @SaraKarolina  @LynTh  @Domw9rld 

I have contacted Zoom support who have advised me that no, there is no option to bluetooth when using the mobile app.  It just doesn't exist.  

Leonard from Zoom suggested that I leave feedback on let me provide you with this link https://zoom.us/feed

Apparently if they do that the Zoom team may look at it for the next update. 

I have done so.  It would be great if anyone else who is also affected by the lack of being able to Bluetooth to a speaker on their phone or tablet also left some feedback requesting that option.   I imagine the more of us who ask for it the more likely it will be to be added in the next update. 

Thanks everyone

Lyn

Andje56
Listener

Same issues with me, so I added my voice to the requests for Bluetooth support.✌️

Eriktech-me
Listener

I too have requested this functionality via the Zoom feedback site. 👍🏾