cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Licensed User

LynAuthor
Listener

I want to add a licensed user to my small group. This person will lead workshops every other week. She also has a paid account of her own and says she's read that if she becomes a licensed user for me, her paid account will be downgraded to a free account. I can't find anything on this but I need to reassure her if it's not true. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TomO
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi,

If you invite her to your account using the same email address that her account is setup on, it will close her account. You can only login to one account per email address so it wouldn't go to Basic it would close the account.

One option would be for her to create a new email address using Gmail or something similar and using that address to be added to your account. She could also create a new user on her account with a different email address and transfer her ownership to that email.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TomO

Hi,

If you invite her to your account using the same email address that her account is setup on, it will close her account. You can only login to one account per email address so it wouldn't go to Basic it would close the account.

One option would be for her to create a new email address using Gmail or something similar and using that address to be added to your account. She could also create a new user on her account with a different email address and transfer her ownership to that email.

Hope that helps!

LynAuthor
Listener

Thank you. This seems to answer the question. It seemed a bit illogical to me that Zoom would cut off additional fees in this way but, who am I to question?!

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

@LynAuthor,

I know I'm probably a little late with some additional information... but:

When the person gets the invitation to link their account to yours, they'll be prompted on how they want any account balance on their "old" account handled.  There are two options: Refund to the current billing card on file; or transfer the balance over to the gaining/new organization.  Then it's really up to you both to decide... should she keep the unused portion of her current Pro account, or should she transfer that to your organization?

If she keeps the refund, you'll of course need to buy a new Pro (or higher, whatever you have) license, and add to her on your account.

If she transfers the refund to your organization... you still need to acquire a new Pro license and add to her account.

Crazy, I know... but I think ultimately it ends up being easier: you buy and license and give to her, no matter where the money goes.

I was looking for the Zoom Support article that describes this, but can't find it... but I know this is how it works, since I've transferred in a couple of accounts in the last 6 months or so.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Thanks for the info, Ray. I believe she wants to keep her account which is for use for entirely other activities. 

If she is licensed on my account, can she keep her own name?

Ray_Harwood

She will of course need a separate email address. After that – everything is “fair game” on the user’s Profile page, including first and last names, and the Display Name. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

mgradie1
Listener

@Ray_Harwood This is completely illogical and just creates frustration on the part of the users. Why can't Zoom keep track of things on their end, rather than forcing users to use different e-mail account. A group I volunteer for wants to add me to their licensed account so I can host meetings. So instead of making life easier, Zoom is making things more complicated. So easy for @Ray_Harwood to say "Create another e-mail account" instead of recognizing that Zoom is moving the burden onto the user rather than coming up with a technology solution. At some point it is going to be easier for users to find other companies to work with.