cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account owner fired; no email access. Frustrated by inability to get help via support.

denisehoepfner
Listener

Hello!

The  owner of our university departmental account was terminated due to serious egregious behavior and his email was deactivated as a result. No one has access to that email. I am an admin on the account and the account is paid through my assigned credit card. I need to have ownership changed to me.

Bolt does not work because it keeps giving me the directions to change ownership via the owner no matter how I rephrase my issue. Apparently we do not get telephone support with our plan, so I filled out a ticket as per the CSR who took my call.

Today my ticket was closed without resolution with this message:

Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to your open ticket at this time. If you are a part of a corporate account, and need advanced technical support beyond our Online Resources, please contact your Zoom account administrators.

I have no idea who my "account administrators" are other than myself.  Any suggestions on where to go from here?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @denisehoepfner 

I'll see what I can do from my end, but have you tried contacting IT? They may be able to resurrect that email address just long enough for you to change the owner over to you. 

If you're a part of a Pro account, you should be able to request the owner role, and if the current owner doesn't respond to the email request after 72 hours, it will automatically transfer to you. 

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @denisehoepfner - checking in to see if you've had success transferring your account ownership using @Bort 's tip about requesting the owner role? If so, please select "Accept as Solution" so we know this is resolved for you. If not, please let me know and I will open a support ticket for you so we can make sure this is solved! 

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @denisehoepfner  I'm checking with our Technical Support to see how we can proceed and what options we have in your scenario. I'll follow up with you as soon as I have more info!

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Ivanna1
Listener

I am experiencing similar situation with similar frustration. Have sent multiple requests/ticket etc and nothing. Is there no one for us to speak to?