cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally deleted the recording

p0g
Listener

Is there a way for me to retrieve a recording from a deleted meeting session? Unfortunately, I do not have Cloud service so the only way for me is the local file recorded directly in my computer. However, i just lately learned that I accidentally deleted the meeting including the recordings and now I try to find a way to retrieve it. I managed to retrieve the meeting but there is no recording to retrieve. 

If I buy the Cloud Service now, is it possible that it is recorded there and will I be able to retrieve it?

3 REPLIES 3

willjoe2442
Participant

In the navigation menu, click Recordings. At the top right, you will see a Trash icon if there are any cloud recordings in the trash. Click the icon to see any deleted cloud recordings. Click Recover on the right to retrieve the recording.

Regards,

Diana

@willjoe2442 wrote:

In the navigation menu, click Recordings. At the top right, you will see a Trash icon if there are any cloud recordings in the trash. Click the icon to see any deleted cloud recordings. Click Recover on the right to retrieve the recording.

Regards,

Diana

What if the recording is not in there? I accidentally deleted a recording from 8/2/2023. When I go to the Trash, it's not in there. Is another way to retrieve my recording?

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Local recordings are recorded to your compute’s hard drive, 

Zoom cloud recordings are recorded to the Zoom cloud hosting.

You cannot sign up for Zoom cloud recording after the fact and expect to locate a past local recording on Zoom’s hosting.

The recording is either on your hard drive or not. Check your computer’s trash / recycle bin.

By default, local recordings will be placed in following directory:

• Windows: C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\Zoom
  • Mac: /Users/[Username]/Documents/Zoom
  • Linux: home/[Username]/Documents/Zoom

It is possible to change the default local recording location. More details can be found in this Zoom support article 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206277393-Finding-and-viewing-local-recordings 

Regard

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!