cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing a recorded Zoom session

eyore15
Listener

I post the URL to recorded sessions so anyone who missed the meeting can see what is going on.

I'm a new admin.  I go to recording management, find the personal room used to conduct the Zoom session.

I click on the button for "get a sharable link" and then post that link for students.

When the student tries to access the recording, a dialogue box opens and requests the passcode. [see attached image].

I was under the impression that the passcode was embedded in the link.

What am I doing wrong?

tnx

mm

9 REPLIES 9

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

The passcode is only embedded in meeting join links, not for cloud recordings. You can either disable the passcode for the recording, or provide that as well as the link. 

ChrisO
Note Taker

Bort is correct. The easiest way to post all the necessary information is to click the "share" button on the main recordings page and then click "copy sharing information" in the pop-up window. This will copy all the necessary info including the passcode.

ChrisO_0-1635522739215.png

ChrisO_1-1635522773896.png

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

Hello ChrisO, I'm piggy-backing on Eyore15's question here because I've submitted THREE requests for support over the past 10 days and have heard nothing back, nor received any verification my requests were even received.  I have a Pro account and was told by the phone bot that I don't qualify for live support, so am resorting to this as a potential fix.

I have two issues:

1.  My storage of previously recorded videos seems to be shrinking or something.  I used to have many videos sitting in my storage with no problems.  Now I have 5 and each time I record a new video, it won't convert it, stating there's not enough room and to delete recordings.  Which leads us to problem 2.

2.  When I hit delete on a particular file of the 5 allegedly stored in the system, it throws the following message, "This file is currently in use. Close the file and try again".  The file is not open.  It also says at the bottom, "Unable to play video because the file was renamed or deleted".  

So I'm not sure there are even videos left in these files.  And if there are not, it would be good to get rid of them as they may be mucking up the works in terms of storage.  I've uploaded a picture of the image it shows me.  Thoughts?

lauravantosh
Listener

How do I share a recorded zoom meeting? 

lauravantosh
Listener

Would anyone like to screen share with me to show me how to share a recorded meeting?

Hi @lauravantosh! If you would like to share your recordings, I would encourage you to review the articles listed here for more information: Sharing your recording 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

lauravantosh
Listener

Thanks, Carla. Unfortunately, the link you sent doesn't work.

Apologies! I have gone ahead and edited the link. 

Thank you! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hello CarlaA, I'm piggy-backing on Lauravantosh's question here because I've submitted THREE requests for support over the past 10 days and have heard nothing back, nor received any verification my requests were even received.  I have a Pro account and was told by the phone bot that I don't qualify for live support, so am resorting to this as a potential fix.

I have two issues:

1.  My storage of previously recorded videos seems to be shrinking or something.  I used to have many videos sitting in my storage with no problems.  Now I have 5 and each time I record a new video, it won't convert it, stating there's not enough room and to delete recordings.  Which leads us to problem 2.

2.  When I hit delete on a particular file of the 5 allegedly stored in the system, it throws the following message, "This file is currently in use. Close the file and try again".  The file is not open.  It also says at the bottom, "Unable to play video because the file was renamed or deleted".  

So I'm not sure there are even videos left in these files.  And if there are not, it would be good to get rid of them as they may be mucking up the works in terms of storage.  I've uploaded a picture of the image it shows me.  Thoughts?