cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Far-end camera control

stang2019
Listener

What kind of camera supports Far-end camera under macOS? Is Zoom only picking UVC camera? I implemented virtual camera with all PTZ features, but Zoom never query for the PTZ control when remote side requesting and caphost scanning camera devices.

6 REPLIES 6

GreggG_aka_4G
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello Stang2019, just want to confirm that for both users they are configured for Far-end camera control? 

GreggG_aka_4G_0-1642198983515.png

Additional information can also be found here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203028599-Managing-Far-end-camera-control

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/204065759-Zoom-Rooms-Camera-Controls 

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit too.

Gregg Glowinski

stang2019
Listener

Yes, I have two cameras in host(One real USB camera Brio and one virtual camera, the virtual camera represents a PTZ camera Aver TR311), remote side user can switch camera after requested camera control, only the UVC camera shows PTZ control on the remote side, the DAL plugin one won't show, and the caphost log seems not query the DAL for the feature.

GreggG_aka_4G

Understand, I will have a support ticket created for further troubleshooting around your situation.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit too.

Gregg Glowinski

stang2019
Listener

Do you mean you created a ticket for this case? if so, you guys are welcome contact me for reproducing the problem

GreggG_aka_4G

Correct, you will be receiving an email from us here at Zoom. Have a great rest of your day!

Gregg Glowinski

stang2019
Listener

Thanks a lot, you have a great long weekend!

-Steven