cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATEM Mini Pro Voice Over and Music Clash

marekstycos
Listener

We have the ATEM Mini Pro, an external mic and one stereo audio source.

The rig performs perfectly with OBS streaming to whatever platform (Youtube, FB...).

But will not with Zoom. There is a three second delay when stopping the music and speaking where the mic is inaudible. Also cannot be hear over the music.

Using a Sound Devices MixPre6 solves the problem, but the ATEM is purported to handle all this, so why need more hardware?

No DSP is activated (gates, compressors, limiters...)

Both Zoom and ATEM are up to date.

"Original Sound for Musicians" is selected in the settings and in the top left corner of the active Zoom.

High Fidelity Music mode selected

Echo Cancellation off

Stereo audio selected

2 REPLIES 2

MirkoM
Listener

I have similar configuration and similar problem. On HDMI output from Atem mini Pro, everything works O.K. But in Zoom I only receive normal sound from Keynote presentation on Mic1 1 or Mic2, but audio on Mic2 (set to Line in) from the computer or external mp3 players is either distorted (a kind of metallic sound) or not present at all. I checked all possible hardware and software options offered by Atem mini and Zoom, and it's always the same. The problem must be in Zoom because the same system works in MS Teams. I hope zoom experts are reading this forum.

Correction: Same thing happens via HDMI cable. Only video audio comes from the laptop, not music. I'm guessing the Zoom updates brought some change in audio processing - maybe it favors speech. Let me add - that until the end of 2022, everything worked flawlessly.  I wish to have music back in Zoom.