cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A keychain cannot be found to stoer "Zoom."

WeGoinSizzler
Listener

Hello,

We have an MDM provider, Jumpcloud, and when we use it to push Zoom, the get the error: A keychain cannot be found to store "Zoom." immediately after installation.

Anyone else seeing this? I am not alone with users of this MDM.

I am on Monterey 12.3

7 REPLIES 7

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@WeGoinSizzler , please install/push Zoom Client for IT admins instead of the normal Zoom client for meeting.

You can download it from Download Center.

IPMan_0-1648566449666.jpeg

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

Installing with the package found at https://zoom.us/client/latest/ZoomInstallerIT.pkg has started (Sept '22) resulting in a keychain error when deploying with our MDM solution (Jamf) during initial deployment. Resetting the keychain to default is the fastest way to resolve it, but it's an unexpected and unwelcome issue.

maxiakra
Listener

Has it really not been resolved yet?

cwaldrip
Listener

still happens for me... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Same here with Ventura. Not at all fun to describe the process to busy users. 😛

maxiakra
Listener

For us the issue was I have a deployment script and the reason for this error was I haven't noticed I'm trying to reopen the software as user but script was running as system. What worked for me was to use

su - l  and run it as currently logged in user to reopen the software. 🙂 

We figured this out.  The "open- a zoom.us.app" command in the script causes the keychain error.  That command is trying to run the open command as the user, but the command is being run with a system user account and doesn't have permission to run that command as the user and, therefore, is trying to access the keychain.  If you remove the command above the keychain error goes away.  

What we did in Jamf was add "sudo -u $(ls -l /dev/console | awk '{print $3}') open -a zoom.us.app" to Files and Processes policy that then executes the open command after the script finished running.