cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A guest with no host capability started a whiteboard share (share screen was turned on)

nycnvc
Listener

I cannot make sense of this. We had a zoom conference today with about 200 people. The conference meeting ID is only sent to participants in our course along with the passcode. About 15 minutes into our conference a participant (I verified this person was indeed in our course by looking up their name) started a whiteboard share and invited people to that whiteboard. Keep in mind, the Share Screen function was not checked off, this means people cannot share their screen but this still happened. In fact, we also mute everyone and don't allow them to unmute themselves unless we ask them to do so. After the conference I received an email from another participant that they got an email, the same one I received that said the following: You are invited to edit board Harvey Krav...'s Zoom Meeting 2022-08-22 03:37 PM

Needless to say this has a few participants worried and I cannot make sense of this at all.

2 REPLIES 2

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

The Whiteboard Sharing and Share Screen Sharing are two different settings.

Under the Security Shield, Share Whiteboards is separate from Share Screen.

ZoomTestKitchen_0-1665440181428.png

The Advanced Options for Share Screen and Whiteboards are separate from one another.

Share Screen Advanced Sharing Options

ZoomTestKitchen_1-1665440192248.png

Whiteboard Advanced Sharing Options

ZoomTestKitchen_2-1665440202987.png

The emails that were received from this person are automatically generated when they add other participants to be collaborators. It doesn't expose your email addresses to them.

If this information has been helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

Jameswalter
Participant

In the navigation panel, click Settings. Click the Meeting tab. Under In Meeting (Basic), click the Whiteboard (Classic) toggle to enable it.

Regards,
James